Monday, April 20, 2009

What happened?

My children have grown up and I seemed to have missed it.....
Last week A.J. let us know that he is trying to come home for a long weekend in May (May 14-17) as he has a quick break after finals and before "summer prep" begins. He INSISTED on taking care of all the flight arrangements and paying for the ticket himself. We told him we don't mind and he again insisted as it was an extra, unplanned trip home. It was a very mature thing to do!!
And then just this past weekend Erin participated in services at Temple. She lead a few prayers, read from the Torah and spoke about her time in USY. WOW she was great. She spoke very nicely and then did an amazing job reading from the Torah. This was my child who HATED Hebrew school and once Hebrew school was done wanted nothing more to do with it. Now, at her request, she read/chanted a portion this week. She did it so nicely and said it wasn't even that hard!!
I can't be more pleased to see my children turning into such nice adults. I do miss my babies but do know there are great times ahead!!

No comments: