Monday, October 13, 2008

The BEST....


Aunts and Mom ever!!


See these ladies I am pictured with? Well these are my aunts and my mom. I am so lucky to have them all in my life. They spoil me, my husband and my kids like you wouldn't believe. They are there for me in good times and in bad. They are there at the drop of a hat to have fun and do the dirty work. I am certain there is nothing they wouldn't do for me and my family. Not to mention, they are just fun to be with.

My Aunt Jean, my mom's sister, is to the left of me and over the years we have had some great fun and often at her expense. She takes it all it stride and laughs with us. She never takes anything too personal and sets a wonderful example in that department. One of her classic lines came one day, over 18 years ago, when we were out shopping for baby furniture with her then 6 month pregnant daughter. Her daughter said she was hungry and wanted to stop for a bite. My aunt replied, and she was NOT joking, "why eat lunch, you are just going to have dinner in 6 hours". It was then and there we gave her the name Auntie Rexic (like anorexia).

Then to the right of me is my Auntie Beverly (my dads sister), then my Mom and then my Aunt Hallie (actually no relation but raised with my mom and her sister so she is an aunt and family to me). My aunt Bev is more the sentimental type. She is an easy cry and when there are tears in her eyes then mine are not far behind. She is outgoing and adventurous. She adores my kids and even shares her birthday with Erin, just 50 years apart.

Most of you know my Mom and know she is just plain great. She will get up early and/or travel far to see her grand kids, or nieces & nephews, play sports or participate in a play. She makes great cookies and shares them all the time. She is strong and, despite a few health issues, NEVER complains.

Lastly, there is Hallie. She has no kids of her own but makes up for it by spoiling all of us. She is our connection to Dodger games, magazines and special pretzels. She is just as strong and determined as the other 3 ladies and, again, another tough cookie.

I guess you can now see where my spirit and drive come from. These 4 ladies have set great examples. They have taught me so much in their words and actions. They have certainly helped me become the person I am today. They all have hearts of gold yet are women who stand up for what is right. They are not afraid to speak their mind nor step up when action is needed. I would be lucky to have just one woman like this in my life so you can imagine how great it is that I have 4.

Thank you Mom, Auntie Beverly, Auntie Jeannie and Hallie for all you do!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your loving words.