Monday, June 16, 2008

Here is whats up...

Well as you can probably guess I am well on my way to crazy. Both my kids are giving me reasons to laugh and cry all at the same time.
Just this past weekend A.J. had his Eagle Scout Court of Honor and a party to celebrate his accomplishments and going away. I am so very proud of all that he has done and look forward to everything he has yet to do. It is not this that brings a tear to my eye. I start to well up with I see my wonderful family and friends taking part in the celebrations and I think how lucky I am to have them all. As I see, or think, about all the people in our lives I am reminded that each and everyone of them have done something to help Dave and I raise such excellent children. We have an amazing support system and really appreciate everything everyone has done for us, for A.J. and for Erin over the years. And I know that they will continue to be there for all of us in the years to come. I am not sure that we even realize how blessed we are!!
And with all this celebration comes some tough issues, too. It is tough for Erin to have to follow in the footsteps of A.J. All the attention and accolades are focused on him right now, and actually for the past couple years. I am certain there are times when she feels left out or like she doesn't measure up. Dave and I try hard to not let this happen but I am certain that it does anyway. We remind her often that she, too, is terrific and that we love her but I am sure that sometimes it just not enough. It breaks my heart to think that for even one minute she feels unloved or that she is a distant second to her brother. She is unique and great in her own right and I want her to know that ALWAYS!! Alas, she may regret what she wished for as in just a short time A.J. will be off to school and we will have just one kid to focus our attention on. Dave and I do look forward to that one on one time with Erin and hope she does too.

No comments: