Friday, February 15, 2008

Recipe Junkie

Besides my husband and kids I LOVE to cook and talk about food/recipes. I am a recipe junkie. I love to find new recipes(in magazines, cookbooks, on the internet, from the Food Network or anywhere really) and try them out on my family. I also like to talk about them. I like recipes that have ingrediants that I know my family likes AND are not too difficult to prepare. I don't like dishes with too many steps or too many ingrediants. I am an instant gratification person and that holds true with my cooking.
On Sunday mornings I, usually, plan out my dinners for the week. Sunday I usually make something that takes a little longer to prepare or cook because I have more time. On Sundays I also take requests. Early in the week I like to serve meals with fresh meats, fish or poultry as I like to buy it and cook it and not put it in the freezer or have to plan for a mid-week stop at the grocery. For the middle to end of the week I make vegetarian or meals that dont require fresh meat/chicken. I do not like to freeze meat, chicken, pork, etc as I will often forget to take it out and/or I dont like the taste/consistency of the meat after it has been frozen.
OK, now you know where I am coming from. Let me tell you what I am making tonight....
Chicken Mojito Pasta and Olive Meledy
The chicken pasta is a receipe I am making up, sort of. It is chopped chicken breast cooked with garlic, onions, rum and lime juice and then sprinkled with mint. I added in asparagus and then tossing it with pasta. The olive dish I saw on Guy's Big Bite and knew Dave would love it. You simmer 3 kinds of olives in olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper and rosemary. They are served warm as an appetizer or side dish. I am so looking forward to making and serving these tonight.
I will let you know how it goes. If you want the recipes just holler.
As time goes on I will blog more of what I am serving for dinner or dessert, after all I am a recipe junkie.

No comments: